Patient Handling Course online aim:
The aim of this Patient Handling Course online is to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and attitude to perform Patient Handling tasks safety.
This is to ensure that the organisation is compliance with the HSA’s requirements.
Course online learning outcomes:
On completion of this course online you will be able to:
- List the duty of the employers and employees in relation to patient manual handling
- Explain the purpose composition and characteristics of the main parts of the spinal column and explain their relevance to patient manual handling
- Identify hazards associated with patient manual handling tasks
- List the equipment available to avoid or reduce the risks associated with patient manual handling tasks
- Explain the importance of good nutrition fitness to manual handling
- Perform patient manual handing tasks in accordance with the principles of safe manual handling.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Mechanical Equipment
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Principles of safe Manual Handling
- Patient Manual Handling moves: Sitting up, turning, standing, walking and sitting
- Dealing with a falling and fallen patient
- Use of hoist
- Use of enablers such as banana boards & turntables
On successful completion of this course online learners will receive a Patient Handling Online certificate from Qualtec.
This course will be delivered online. It can be followed by a classroom based Patient Manual Handling Course in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co.Kildate. It can also be delivered at your premises for groups.
Patient Manual Handling Course online cost:
This course is 35 euro per person. Our classroom based Patient Manual Handling course which is 45 euro or 350 euro for a session for up to 12 persons.
Sean’s delivery was excellent. Ann Rooney.
Great instructor! Sorcha Fitzpatrick.
Great, many achievements! Sr. Stella Milia.
Very informative, great instructor. Not boring.
Thank you very much. We had so much fun today. We learnt alot. Eduardo Duldulad.
Thanks Sean. You were great! Roisin Healy.
Sean was a brilliant instructor and I really enjoyed the course. I learned alot in such a short space of time. Lucy Duff.