The aim of this QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course online is to equip learners with the knowledge, skill and competence to effectively design and deliver manual handling Courses.
On completion of this QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course online learners will be able to:
- Explain the main components of relevant manual handling health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics in relation to manual handling
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- To be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of manual handling injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training courses
- Deliver effective manual handling training courses
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques
This course is delivered online through Zoom and in the classroom.
Unit 1 Legislative requirements for manual handling and health benefit
Unit 2 Anatomy and back care
Unit 3 Ergonomic principles and manual handling risk assessment
Unit 4 Manual handling principles and techniques
Unit 5 Planning and design of manual handling training courses
Unit 6 Delivery of manual handling training courses
QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor online entry requirements
Learners should have a good command of English both verbal and written. They should have basic IT skills such as use of email, word processing (Word) and Presentation software (Powerpoint) and Zoom. They must has good broadband access and a laptop/ tablet with microphone and speakers. This can be tested prior to the course commencement.
The course is delivered and assessed over 5 days currently completely over Zoom. Learners must be present online for the fully duration. They are expected to actively engage in the course through completion of polls and responding to questions.
Day 1 Morning: Manual Handling Basic Course Theory. Afternoon: Manual handling Basic Course Practical Sessions
Day 2 Morning Manual Handling Delivery Theory. Afternoon: Manual Handling Skills Demonstration.
Day 3 Morning Manual Handling Training, Delivery & Evaluation: Afternoon: Manual Handling Skills Practice.
Day 4 & 5 (Morning) Manual Handling Handling Theory Delivery and Skills Demonstration Assessment
Day 5 Afternoon: Manual Handling Instructor Examination.
Course Assignments & Time Commitment
Learners will need to complete a number of assignments.
Manual Handling Risk Assessment on a manual handling task (Brief & template provided) of 750 words. Allow 2 hours to complete and due on final day.
Lesson Plan for allocated topic (template provided). Allow I hour for completion and due on the final day of the course.
Preparation of topic for 15 minute presentation. Allow 2 hours for this preparation. Delivered on day 4 of the course.
Study for Manual Handling Exam (20 short questions). Allow 2 hours for study. Completed on day 5 of the course.
If learners have any academic IT issues they can contact the trainer by email or email@example.com from 9.00 until 5 Monday to Friday. They can also contact outside these hours in the cause of urgent issues.
Progression. On completion of this QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course learners can progress onto the QQI Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor Course, PHECC FAR Instructor Course, PHECC CFR Instructor Course, Abrasive Wheels Instructor Course, Fire Safety and Fire Marshall Instructor Course, DSE/VDU Asssesor Course and the QQI Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation Course.